Monday, August 2, 2010

Back to Work

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I had my surgery...It doesn't seem that long, but when I think back- to the actual surgery, the trips home and back up to Albuquerque for my first fill, and the early stages of recovery, - three weeks is a long ass time....21 days to be exact! Haha. In fact, I felt that today was a good day to start back to work...Everybody thinks I'm insane for going back this early, but sitting around the house NOT getting paid just doesn't do much for me....And even though I got paid for the days off that I took for my surgery(because I am a "salary nurse"), I am the type of person that feels bad for getting a paycheck when I haven't worked, or earned it....I know, I know...WEIRDO FREAK! Haha...

So here I am....It is 7:30 p.m.....I worked from 8:30am to 5pm today, and of course I didn't see patients, but working in the office wore me out...Sitting at the desk, with my neck looking down, writing, stapling.....All that uses your pectoral muscles.You don't really realize that until you have something wrong with those muscles.....And as in "something wrong", I mean-having my muscles cut into to have a foreign object shoved into, much like a pocket....And now, I am HURTING...My muscles are cramped like crazy, and now my neck is trying to join in on the cramping party...But guess what?? I made it throught the whole day...I'm proud of myself....My goal is to hopefully start seeing patients next week...I go back on Monday to get my rocks, I mean expanders, filled for the 2nd time.....I might be in more pain after that than I am right now..It's so frustrating, because the pain/cramping is a day-to-day struggle and mystery....Will I  be in pain today? What about tomorrow?  It's impossible to know....I still have to take the Percocet on a daily basis...Sometimes in the morning, and that's it...Sometimes in the morning and at night.....It doesn't make me feel like I'm drugged up...It just takes the pain away..I am also on Flexeril...I take that twice a day for the cramping...I don't know about other women who have gone through this, but my foobs cramp almost CONSTANTLY. The only way I can describe it is like when you get a charlie horse in your foot, or the back of your leg...But these cramps don't go away....Sometimes they feel like a sharp knife/stabbing, that only lasts seconds.....Sometimes the cramps feel like braxton hicks contractions (if you've ever been preggo, then you know what I'm talking about), only in my foobs....All I know is that the cramps SUCK ASS, and at the end of the day, I am so exhausted from dealing with the cramping....The medication sorta/kinda helps....That's all I can say about it....

In fact, I'm so sore right now that typing is hurting.....So buh-bye..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.