Sunday, June 6, 2010

Diarrhea of the mouth


Yesterday, my rat-terrier Chihuahua kept having massive amount of diarrhea.....All over my NEW HOME! As I was cleaning and scrubbing and spraying the disgusting, runny, pudding consistency-like shit, I couldn't help but complain. Who wouldn't? Complaining at a time like this, with these circumstances, just seems appropriate.....Some people might argue and say, "Don't complain....Be grateful....There's too many things to be grateful for than to complain."

Okay, so I guess in their twilight zone of a world, I guess I should have been grateful that my rat dog was squirting shit out of her butt like water comes out of a hose, and should have said, "Thank you that my dog's intestines are being cleansed, and I am so grateful for the hands and the knowledge to be able to clean this shit up thoroughly and completely....I am so grateful for diarrhea."  Uh...I'm sorry....It doesn't work like that in my world.....

Why am I even talking about diarrhea? Why am I talking about complaining? Well, because of this.......Complaining is like diarrhea coming out of the mouth....Sometimes it just happens....Diarrhea happens to all of us at one time or another. The same way complaining happens to us....If someone wants to complain, then let them complain. You don't know how/what they deal with on a daily basis, and the other factors that go into their daily lives that add stress on to them, and maybe some people can't see the "light at the end of the tunnel" as quickly as others....I know I can't...Like I've said before, I take medication to help me try to see that light, and still, there are days that darkness just surround me..If I want to complain about something, then I will fucking complain about it. That's my right, just as it is any human being's right.

Now this brings me to this-If I want to complain about being BRCA+, having to have my boobs taken off my body in a month, having surgery, being sad about all of the above, about work, about the amount of stress I'm under because of EVERYTHING, then allow me to complain. Do not sit there and tell me to be grateful. Yes, DON'T GET ME WRONG, I am very grateful for my family, my children, my husband, my home, my friends that allow me to be me, and allow me to vent and complain to them WITHOUT judging, and I am grateful for the job I have.  But to complain about shitty situations is to be human...Diarrhea of the mouth happens, and if you are saying it doesn't happen to you, then you are a constipated liar.

If I can say just one more thing, allow yourself to have diarrhea. (Not of the butt....Of the mouth..And if you do have diarrhea of the butt, then make sure you drink a lot of water to prevent dehydration!) A good complaining/venting session with someone does a lot for the soul....Just make sure it's with someone who won't judge you, make sure someone isn't listening in on you secretly, and don't feel like you have to end it with, "But I'm grateful for _________________.")  Complaining is complaining. Diarrhea is diarrhea...Let it run.....And if someone gets offended by your stink, then that's their problem....

No comments: