Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Who knew that Miley is so Inspirational?

On my run today, a song came on my iPod, and even though it was a Miley Cyrus song, and even though it doesn't really pertain to my situation or whatever, I MADE it pertain to my situation in my head and it got me smiling and it got me feeling a lot better...(However, I'm sure the rush of endorphins from running had something to do with it, also....) But really..This song, the lyrics, talk about how she feels homesick, and then a song comes on that she loves, and it makes her feel at home again, and everything is okay...Yes, it talks about Jay-Z and Britney Spears songs in it, which I DO NOT like, and it talks about "Partying in the USA" and shit like that, but to me, this is what it meant-For a while, nothing could make me happy...I stopped running, and after finding out I was BRCA positive, that's the time in my life where I should have been running and dealing with shit the right way instead of feeling sorry for myself...(Running is my therapy...Some people drink to deal with shit...Some people actually go to therapy to deal with shit....I run miles and miles and miles to deal with shit.....)
So this song, to me, is about finding my comfort again..Running...Running is my home, my therapy, and has brought me back to the place, mentally, where I need to be... This song made me happy on my run, and so happy, in fact, that I decided to share it with you...So here it is....Take it away, Miley!

No comments: